In the business of building all terrain vehicles for over 40 years, Hanebrink has joined the eco movement and released its new electric bike. The bike is part bicycle, part motorcycle, and part ATV and has a maximum speed of 40 mph on the road.
The new hybrid vehicle features 8-inch-wide tubeless tires that can navigate the toughest terrain. With a 600 watt brushless electric motor and a 14-speed gearing system, the electric bike, which is designed using state-of-the-art technology, is capable of hauling up to 300 lbs.
The specs include:
- Motor: Aotema 600 Watt Brushless Electric Motor
- Controller: Controls speed between throttle and motor
- Battery: Lithium Ion Phosphate 36 volt, 10 amp hour
- Drive: Dual Range 14-speed gearing
- Brakes: Avid Elixir Hydraulic disc brakes
- Handle Bars: Truvativ Carbon Fiber with 1.5 inch rise
- Frame: 6061- T6 Aircraft Seamless Aluminum Tubing
- Forks: Hanebrink Dual Crown Triple Clamp 10″ adjustable travel
- Rear Rack: 8″ x 21″ aluminum
- Shifter: SRAM MRX
- Deraileur: Shimano
- Seatpost: Carbon Fiber
- Weight: 71 lbs total with one battery pack
- Wheels/Hubs: Hanebrink handcrafted aluminum
- Tires: 20″ x 8″ tubeless
- Price: $7650 at Electric Cyclery – $280 shipping in continental USA
The bike is handcrafted at Hanebrink’s Big Bear, California facility and is designed for all terrains and seasons. Although best new for their mountain biking innovations, Hanebrink now joins the environmentally-friendly vehicle market, and does so with one badass bike.