The days when few repair shops were able to perform service on Nissan vehicles or other imported vehicles are long gone. Today’s shops are better equipped to meet your service and repair needs than ever before.
Still, you want to make sure you get quality service at an affordable price. To do that, you’ve got to find the right shop to get your Nissan serviced. Here are some tips to help you get started on the path to finding the right service provider for your Nissan:
• Pick a shop before you need it. When your Nissan is in need of repair, you’re going to be anxious to get things working correctly. That is the worst possible time to have to pick a shop. Instead, spend some time finding a shop before you need to use it.
• Ask for advice. Talk to people that you know about their experience with car repairs in your area. Ask for recommendations about where to take your car. Try to gauge their level of experience with the shop as well as their level of satisfaction. In addition, you can check with local consumer organizations. The Better Business Bureau, for example, may be able to tell you if there are outstanding complaints against a shop.
• Visit the shop. Check things out before you need to use them. Make sure that the facility is modern in its equipment. Ask specific questions of the staff, such as whether or not they regularly work on Nissan cars.
• Test things out. If you can, try to get a shop to do some minor service before you bring your Nissan in for a major repair. If you’re happy with the smaller jobs, then bring it back when there’s something more important to be done.
• Build a relationship. If your service or repair goes well, that’s wonderful. If not, however, give them a chance to make it right. By establishing a long-term relationship as a customer with a given shop, you’re more likely to see efforts to keep you as a customer.