The Frankfurt Auto Show is a show that everyone looks forward to every year. For good reason. The show often debuts the coolest vehicles hitting the market. This year’s show was certainly no let down.
Here are 5 cool debut cars showcased in Frankfurt this year that were mentioned on Motortrend’s blog.
- Ford Evos – With four doors that open like butterfly wings, this is one cool looking vehicle. If you’re thinking what I’m thinking, you’re anxious to take it for a ride.
- Volkswagen Up – Remember those California beach buggies? Volkswagen now has one of their own. And it’s the sharpest thing on four wheels.
- Fisker Surf – This European-style beauty is a take off the Karma. Its CEO/founder, Henrik Fisker calls it “a kind of merger of a sports car with a station wagon.” Who are we to disagree?
- Kia GT – If you’re a fan of the Kia, you’re gonna really like it now. Suicide doors and a rear wheel drive. Turbocharged with kick-butt horsepower and torque.
- Volkswagen Beetle R – So you thought the Volkswagen Beetle had finally died? Think again. This is one vehicle that will never go out of fashion. VW just keeps reinventing the Beetle and this time they’ve outdone themselves. It features 20-inch Talladega wheels, R badges, quad tip exhaust and other cool “manly” features.
Do you agree with these choices? Refresh your memory with Motortrend’s extensive show coverage here and share your own Top Five in the comments section below.