Tag Archives: Facebook Contests
Taking advantage of the world’s most popular social network, Acura announced recently that it will promote its new 2011 TSX Sport Wagon via Facebook. Acura will hold a contest in which the user who gains the greatest number of Facebook votes will win a 2011 TSX Sport Wagon.
However, not everyone qualifies for this competition; only those with experience in the following sports may participate:
- Climbing (rock and ice).
- Cycling (road racing, BMX racing, mountain biking, cyclocross, track cycling).
- Endurance/Adventure racing (triathlon, ultramarathon, adventure/orienteering).
- Paddleboarding (prone and stand-up).
- Skiing (alpine/downhill, speed, freestyle and cross-country).
- Snowboarding (alpine/downhill, half-pipe, free-ride, cross-country, boarder-cross).
- Surfing (skim, short & long boards, softboards and bodyboards).
- Water-skiing (slalom, wakeboarding, ski jumping).
- Whitewater Kayaking
This contest is a great opportunity for Acura fans to become involved in the Acura community, an non Acura owners will get a chance through this competition to become familiar with the brand.
The latest automotive news reports that, according to Steve Center, Acura’s vice president of national marketing operations, “The TSX Sport Wagon offers a smart solution to those with an active lifestyle.”
Previously associated with mid-range luxury vehicles, Acura is reaching out to a sportier audience, perhaps trying to compete with vehicles such as the Suburu Outback, which is extremely popular among outdoor types. With a reputation for quality vehicles, the Acura TSX Sport Wagon should certainly be considered by consumers looking for a sportier vehicle.