Keeping up on your car’s maintenance is not just a good idea. The last thing you want is to be driving your Chevrolet vehicle around Union and have it break down for something that could have been prevented. Understanding some of the basic types of vehicle maintenance can save you time, headaches and money in the long run.
Here are some things you need to check on a regular basis:
- Tires. Your car’s tires should be inflated properly to the manufacturer’s recommendations. Check your tire pressure at least once a month.
- Oil. Obviously, you need to change your oil and oil filter on a regular basis to minimize wear on your engine and reduce the risk of damage.
- Fluid levels. From coolant to transmission fluid and windshield washer solvent, your coolant levels should always be up to the proper level.
- Battery. A weak battery may leave you stranded, or at least delay you while you get a jump start. Have your battery checked regularly.
- Headlights. Your headlights need to be aimed properly to help your visibility and to help others see you.
- Brakes. Your brakes should regularly be inspected to increase your safety, and they should be serviced when appropriate.