If you want to take your Denville area Jeep vehicle off road, chances are you’re going to do some preparation. You’re going to make sure you have the equipment you need, from tires to a winch to the right shocks.
In addition to preparing your vehicle, you need to prepare your mind. You want to have a safe off road experience, so there are some things you should plan for before you hit the trail. In addition to the on-road safety tips we talked about last time, here are some safety ideas you need to keep in mind specifically for when you take your Jeep off road:
- Make sure you have a solid and quality rollcage.
- Get a fire extinguisher and secure it to the Jeep at all times.
- Don’t try to drive through questionably difficult terrain. If it’s doubtful, don’t chance it.
- Know the path. Know what’s ahead, or what’s at the top of a hill before you proceed.
- Keep focused. When you drive on ground that’s not stable, you can easily be thrown off course.
- Take it slow. Watch your speed. You’ll be much safer if you keep it down.
Follow just these few tips and you can help avoid a large majority of the causes of Jeep off road accidents.