The 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 Coupe is a step in the right direction for drivers who expect class, luxury, comfort, and performance in one package. That’s a lot to ask, but Mercedes-Benz delivers with this 4-door coupe. And at $74,000 MSRP, it’s still a bargain.
The engine is a 5.5-liter V8 with 32 valves. It kicks out 382 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and registers at an EPA fuel economy rating of 14 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway. The torque sits at 391 at 2,800 rpm.
Standard features of the CLS 550 include:
- Valet lockout
- Vehicle anti-theft via alarm and engine immobilizer
- Locking fuel filler door
- Child safety locks on rear doors
- Vehicle theft tracking notification included with mbrace in-vehicle technology
- Hard drive with 40GB; 36GB is for navigation and 4GB for music
- Sirius real-time traffic information
- Wireless communication access for Bluetooth-enabled devices
- GPS and hard drive navigation aid with real-time traffic, 6.5-inch screen, and voice activation with a restaurant guide
- Steering wheel mounted controls for audio, phone, instrumentation, and wireless-enabled devices
- Rear dual bucket seats with adjustable head rests
And this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The technology features alone are worth the asking price. But add to that the comfort, class, and luxury of the Mercedes-Benz name, and this is one beautiful coupe. We haven’t even talked about the sunroof.
The options are just as impressive and include wheel locks, fully automatic power trunk lid, retractable headlight washers, illuminated door sills, roof rack, and power sunshade on rear window.
The 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 Coupe delivers on driving quality like no other vehicle on the road. There’s no wonder with the Mercedes-Benz name on it.