Cadillac has recently unveiled its new Cadillac Shield program, which provides increased Cadillac coverage and maintenance to Cadillac owners, including 24-hour roadside assistance for 5 years or 100,000 miles. The new program is designed to focus on customer service, which is currently a primary focus of Cadillac and perhaps a trend in the automotive industry.
The Cadillac Shield program will include:
- Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance, which provides scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, multi-point vehicle inspections and replacement of engine and cabin air filters for the first four years or 50,000 miles
- Five-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty
- Four-year, 50,000-mile vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage
- 24/7 roadside assistance for the first five years or 100,000 miles
- Courtesy transportation during service visits for warranty issues.
- Standard one-year OnStar Directions and Connections plan, which includes automatic crash response, turn-by-turn navigation, vehicle diagnostics, stolen vehicle assistance and hands-free calling.
- OnStar smart-phone app, which allows owners to track diagnostic information, such as oil life and fuel-tank levels, through their iPhone or Android, as well as access common key fob functions, such as starting the engine, unlocking doors and turning on the lights.
- myCadillac smart-phone app that allows owners to set a reminder of where they parked, schedule maintenance services, locate a dealer and request roadside assistance through their iPhone or Android.
According to Don Butler, vice president of Cadillac marketing, “Cadillac Shield allows us to raise consumer awareness of these benefits. It’s also a commitment by Cadillac to our owners to continually look for ways to improve these services and technologies.”
Cadillac’s new program may signify GM’s latest strategy for attracting new customers and retaining existing ones by developing extensive owner benefits. In the current automotive market, it’s no surprise that GM has introduced Cadillac Shield, and their focus on customer service is a refreshing and welcome development.