If you’re wondering which vehicles represent the best automotive buys for 2012, you can relax. The news is in. According to Consumer Digest, the following vehicles are the best automotive buys for 2012.
- Best Subcompacts – Fiat 500, Ford Fiesta, MINI Cooper/Cooper Clubman
- Best Compact Cars – Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Kia Soul
- Best Family Cars – Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Malibu, Ford Fusion, Ford Taurus, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Lincoln MKZ
- Best Luxury Buys – Acura TL, Buick LaCrosse, Chrysler 300, Hyundai Genesis Sedan
- Best “Sporty” Vehicles – Chevrolet Camaro, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang (featured thumbnail, top)
- Best Full-Size Pickups – Ford F-150, Ram 1500
- Best Small Pickup – Toyota Tacoma
- Best Minivans – Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Grand Caravan, Honda Odyssey, Volkswagen Routan
- Best Compact SUVs – Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain, Kia Sorento, Kia Sportage
- Best Midsize SUVs – Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, Ford Explorer, GMC Acadia, Honda Pilot
- Best Full-Size/Luxury SUVs – Dodge Durango, Infiniti QX56, Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Best Hybrids – Ford Fusion Hybrid, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, Lexus RX 450h
I like that there are multiple levels within the classes. Consumer Digest didn’t just pick the best SUV buys and best pickup buys, for instance. They broke it down to size, and I believe size matters.
Characteristics used to judge these values included starting and acceleration, shifting, steering, handling, braking, ride quality, and fuel economy.
Congratulations to the winners. For more information on the best automotive buys of 2012, read the full article at The Sacramento Bee.